The big day is coming. You are ready to face the IAS exam. Lots of thoughts comes to your head. you have lots of information to learn. Many NCERT books to read. But don’t worry. These tips will help you to face the exam!
1.Gather all relevant material, read it carefully, form the most important topics into the plan – a map and connect each related topics. In this way you will have a system. Continue to learn and look to your existing plan from time to time.
- Read the text of at least 3 times (the second time read and analyse it carefully). Do not forget to follow your existing plan and check where you are.
- Do not forget to follow the mental working conditions: sleep at least 8 hours. Eat normal as usual. There should be enough fresh air in your room (best way to learn when the window is open) if it helps you. You can play QUIET music (it was found that the music with the rhythm of 60 beats per minute helps to memorize things better), you can drink coffee, but not too much, especially do not drink in the evening, a few hours before sleep. Also notice that some of the best way to learn is when you are asking yourself questions regarding to the topic. Another good way to learn is work in groups (discussing the topic with your friends). There are lots of good ways to learn. Such as see the text and draw visual illustrations, in order to assimilate; to remember the text you can sing, rhyme; arrange information in a logical row. There are also people who successfully learn to see ourselves against natural images. It depends on your type of intelligence.
- The night before the Examination go to bed in time (not later than 10pm.). You need to sleep at least 8 hours to be fully charged and ready to smash your exam.
- Be aware that its natural to feel confusion in the morning before examination. If you think like: “Oh, the all information I learned is mixed in my head” don’t worry about it. This is just your emotions. If you learned as we discussed – you’re ready for the exam. However, get up in the morning, few hours earlier take a shower (Do not shy away chilly water) dress up nicer than usual, have a good healthy breakfast. Take same time to review that you learned, check your plan – a map (be sure to keep it with you before you enter into the exam room. Just before stepping into the room – throw in the bin). If it is something you forgot, relax – take your time. Look in to the text and read it carefully. Do not panic, because the thing you might forget. It will come back to you during your exam.
- Answering exam: if it is – written exam (not computerized test). When you need to answer more than one or more questions. Start by answering the questions you know first. Don’t struggle with hard questions. You will answer them later. Because when you are trying to answer complicated questions. You might forget something. What will give you more stress. You will start to panic. Which is not good. But when You answering the questions you know the answer, there is bigger chances that you will automatically remember things you might forgot.
Check these NCERT books. You can download for free.